US Family VisaThere is a range of visa options for US family immigration.
The US Family visa stream aims to reunite immediate and extended family members with their eligible US relatives. Applicants wishing to migrate under the Family class sponsorship must be sponsored by a close family relative who is an US citizen, US permanent resident or eligible American citizen and at least 18 years of age
There is a range of visa options for family migration.
Partners and fiancés of American citizens, American permanent residents or eligible American citizens may enter and/or to remain permanently in US.
You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:
- An US citizen
- An US permanent resident
- An eligible US citizen.
Parents may be able to migrate to US if they have a child in US who is an US citizen, US permanent resident or eligible US citizen.
You might be able to get a Parent visa if you:
- Have a child who is:
- An US citizen, an US permanent resident or an eligible US citizen
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have a sponsor
For dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children of an US citizen, US permanent resident or eligible US citizen.
To get this visa, the child must be:
- Sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
- Younger than 18 years of age, or:
- a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.