UK Family VisaThere is a range of visa options for UK family immigration.
The UK Family visa stream aims to reunite immediate and extended family members with their eligible British relatives. Applicants wishing to migrate under the Family class sponsorship must be sponsored by a close family relative who is a British citizen, British permanent resident or eligible British citizen and at least 18 years of age.
There is a range of visa options for family migration.
Partners and fiancés of British citizens, British permanent residents or eligible British citizens may enter and/or to remain permanently in Canada.
You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:
- a British citizen
- a British permanent resident
- a eligible British citizen.
Parents may be able to migrate to British if they have a child in British who is a British citizen, British permanent resident or eligible British citizen.
You might be able to get a Parent visa if you:
- Have a child who is:
- A British citizen, an British permanent resident or an eligible British citizen
- Lawfully resident in British for at least two years (a shorter period can be considered for British citizens if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have a sponsor.
For dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children of a British citizen, British permanent resident or eligible British citizen.
To get this visa, the child must be:
- Sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
- Younger than 18 years of age, or:
- a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.0