New Zealand Family VisaThere is a range of visa options for New Zealand family immigration.
The New Zealand Family visa stream aims to reunite immediate and extended family members with their eligible New Zealand relatives. Applicants wishing to migrate under the Family class sponsorship must be sponsored by a close family relative who is a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and at least 18 years of age
There is a range of visa options for family migration.
Partners and fiancés of New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens may enter and/or to remain permanently in New Zealand.
You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:
- A New Zealand citizen
- A New Zealand permanent resident
- Eligible New Zealand citizen.
Parents may be able to migrate to New Zealand if they have a child in New Zealand who is a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
You might be able to get a Parent visa if you:
- Have a child who is:
- A New Zealand citizen, an New Zealand permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- Lawfully resident in New Zealand for at least two years (a shorter period can be considered for New Zealand citizens if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have a sponsor.
For dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children of an New Zealand citizen, New Zealand permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
To get this visa, the child must be:
- Sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
- Younger than 18 years of age, or:
- A full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.