Canadian Family VisaThere is a range of visa options for Canadian family immigration.
The Canadian Family visa stream aims to reunite immediate and extended family members with their eligible Canadian relatives. Applicants wishing to migrate under the Family class sponsorship must be sponsored by a close family relative who is a Canadian citizen, Canadian permanent resident or eligible Canadian citizen and at least 18 years of age
There is a range of visa options for family migration.
Partners and fiancés of Canadian citizens, Canadian permanent residents or eligible Canadian citizens may enter and/or to remain permanently in Canada.
You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:
- Canadian citizen
- Canadian permanent resident
- Eligible Canadian citizen
Parents may be able to migrate to Canadian if they have a child in Canadian who is an Canadian citizen, Canadian permanent resident or eligible Canadian citizen.
You might be able to get a Parent visa if you:
- Have a child who is:
- Canadian citizen, an Canadian permanent resident or an eligible Canadian citizen
- Lawfully resident in Canadian for at least two years (a shorter period can be considered for Canadian citizens if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have a sponsor.
For dependent children, orphan relatives or adopted children of an Canadian citizen, Canadian permanent resident or eligible Canadian citizen.
To get this visa, the child must be:
- Sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
- Younger than 18 years of age, or:
- A full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.